SOR is organic soluble iron oxide nanoparticles in chloroform. The iron oxide nanoparticles synthesized
in organic solvent at high temperature have uniform size and high crystallization. The particle size can be easily tuned by changing the reaction temperature and ligand concentration. SOR can be dispersed in most organic solvents such as toluene or chloroform. Their surface ligand is oleic acid.
1. L. Yang, X. Peng, Y. A.Wang, X.Wang, Z. Cao, C. Ni, P. Karna, X. Zhang, W. C. Wood, X. Gao, S.Nie, H.Mao. Receptor-Targeted Nanoparticles for In vivo Imaging of Breast Cancer
. Clinical Cancer Research, 2009, 15, 4722-4732.
2. L. Yang, H. Mao, Z. Cao Y. A. Wang, X. Peng, X. Wang, H.K. Sajja, L.Wang, H.Duan, C. Ni, C. A Staley, W. C. Wood, X. Gao, S. Nie. Molecular Imaging of Pancreatic Cancer in a Preclinical Animal Tumor Model Using Targeted Multifunctional Nanoparticles
. Gastroenterlogy, 2009, 136, 1514-1525.
3. L. Yang, H. Mao, Y. A. Wang, Z. Cao, X. Peng, X. Wang, H. Duan, C. Ni, Q. Yuan, G. Adams, M. Q. Smith, W. C. Wood, X. Gao, S. Nie. Single Chain Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Antibody Conjugated Nanoparticles for in vivo Tumor Targeting and Imaging
. Small, 2009, 5, 235-243.
4. J. Yang, J.Gunn, S. Dave, M.Zhang, Y. A Wang, X. Gao. Ultrasensitive Detection and Molecular Imaging with Magnetic Nanoparticles
. The Analysis, 2008, 133, 154–160.
5. H. Duan, M. Kuang, X. Wang, Y. A. Wang, S. Nie, H Mao. Reexamining the effects of particle size and surface chemistry on magnetic properties of iron oxide nanocrystals: new insights into spin disorder and proton relaxivity
. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2008, 112, 8127–8131.
6. X. Peng, X Qian, H Mao, YA Wang, Z Chen, S Nie, DM Shin. Targeted magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for tumor imaging and therapy
. International Journal of Nanomedicine, 2008, 3, 311-321.
7. L. Yang, Z. Cao, H. K. Sajja, H. Mao, L. Wang, H. Geng, H. Xu, T. Jiang, W. C. Wood, S. Nie, Y. A. Wang. Development of Receptor Targeted Magnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles for Efficient Drug Delivery and Tumor Imaging
. Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology, 2008, 4, 439-449.